Here’s you you can support our program.
The Choir School remains accessible because of the sustaining support of our patrons, local businesses, and community partners. Will you join them?
Make a cash gift today.
Your cash gift today, of any amount, provides the most direct and immediate program support.
You will join a community of donors, directly support our continuing mission and:
- provide the software and services we’ve had to acquire to develop and offer online instruction;
- enable us to provide innovative opportunities for performance, and reach our largest audiences ever;
- ensure scholarship support is available for every talented singer, regardless of background;
- bolster our efforts to recruit new singers from across the Charlotte region;
- and assist us in reengaging our more than 750+ alumni choristers.
Financial contributions can also be made in the form of appreciated stock, tangible personal property, life insurance, or other forms as detailed in our Gift Acceptance Policy, available upon request. To contribute in any of these forms, email Davis Tapp.
Additional ways to support The Choir School
Endowment gifts, scholarship support, legacy gifts, and gifts of time are all ways to further your support of The Choir School. Consider supporting in these additional ways.
The Choir School’s Endowment, a part of the Foundation for the Carolinas, ensures our presence in the Charlotte community for years to come. Your gift to the Endowment is tax-deductible.
Gifts to the Endowment can be made to the General Endowment, or to an established fund:
The James M. Rogers Fund
The Anne-Tristram Lomax Fund
To establish an additional named fund with a contribution of $50,000 or more, please contact Davis Tapp.
Launched in 2020, the Kay Johnson Scholarship Fund is a component of the Choir School Endowment designed to provide annual funding to our scholarship efforts. Ensuring The Choir School remains accessible is a core value, and is a personal passion for Kay Johnson, our co-founder for whom this fund is named.
You can contribute to its $27,000 goal here.
Legacy gifts are allow you to make a significant, but simple, commitment to The Choir School today — and to our future. Donors are recognized in our annual publications and other recognition possibilities are available.
To make a contribution to The Choir School as part of your estate planning efforts, please contact Davis Tapp.
Sponsorship & Advertising
Businesses of all sizes have been essential partners to The Choir School since its inception. Sponsorship opportunities allow for us to partner with a business in creative ways. Our concerts and program series are available for sponsorship. Other opportunities include advertising in our annual publications, on our websites.
General volunteer opportunities
The Choir School has a full-time staff, but would not be able to execute its programming without our dedicated volunteers. If you’d like to help by donating your time, please contact Kristie Lauderbaugh, Program Coordinator.
The Board of The Choir School at St. Peter’s provides governance, strategic direction, resources, and expertise to carry out the organization’s mission: to strengthen and enrich young lives through excellent, rigorous choral education and performance. Board members have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals.
We are committed to building a board that represents the broad diversity of our choristers. Board members are elected to three-year terms and eligible to serve two consecutive terms.
The responsibilities of a board member include:
- Attending and actively participating in meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Being a knowledgeable champion of The Choir School mission and its impact.
- Attending concerts and fundraising events.
- Engaging members of the community on behalf of The Choir School.
- Making a financial contribution at a level that is personally meaningful.
- Participating in the fundraising efforts of the organization. Fundraising encompasses not only the financial aspects of one-on-one solicitations, special events fundraising, and other methods, but also bringing resources and skills into the organization through their own network to further the mission of the organization.
If you are interested in Board Service at The Choir School, you can contact Abigail Cudabac, Board President.